TOURNAMENT AND REGISTRATION POLICY
1) You must fill out the online registration form in its entirety in order to register.
2) We are capping the event at 16 teams, with each team being guaranteed 2 rounds. Round 1 will be a seeding round to set the quarterfinals bracket for rounds 2-4. From there, the top 2 teams will advance from each room.
3) Should we reach our 16-team cap, we will use the following metrics, in their stated order, to determine entry:
- Regional diversity. We hope to represent as many regions as possible during the event, and will make corrections if half the pool is from the same state, etc.
- Submission of debating resume. America’s Cup is a prestigious tournament, and we hope to make the event as competitive and fun as possible for all. As such, you will be required to submit a short debate resume with your registration, and this will be used by the Tournament Directors to determine entry, should we reach our 16-team cap.
- First-come, first-serve. In the event of a tie in the above two criteria, we will allow entry based purely on a first-come, first-serve purpose.
4) Each team must supply one judge. This judge is obligated to judge untill the end of one round after the team they are judging for is eliminated.
5) If approved to compete in the America’s Cup, registration is free!
DEADLINES AND CONFIRMATION:
– Registration OPENS (First wave): February 19.
– Registration CLOSES: (First wave): March 10 at 11:59pm PST.
-Judges must complete the judge form by: March 14th at 11:59pm PST.
-On March 15th, we will notify you of your status. If the tournament is under-subscribed, we will accept all applications and potentially re-open registration. If the tournament is oversubscribed, we’ll make decisions on who to accept based on the criteria in the registration policy and communicate our decisions to you. You will get an email from us on March 15th either way.
If you have questions, please contact the America’s Cup convenor, Emily Hu, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published February 19, 2018 at 3:50pm