Air, Train, and Ground Travel to Stanford
Stanford University is located in Palo Alto, CA; SFO, SJC and OAK international airports are nearby.
- Lyft / UberX rates to Stanford/Palo Alto: ~$35-45 from SFO, ~$25-33 from SJC, ~$40-50 from OAK. Public transit options are also available from all three airports.
- San Jose Diridon station has Amtrak service (Capitol Corridor & Coast Starlight), and connects to the CalTrain. The CalTrain has a stop in Palo Alto that is walking distance from the tournament hotels.
- To view a map with all of the relevant locations and regional transportation options labelled, see the Stanford USUDC 2018 map.
Flight Discount Code
Teams flying into SFO can use the discount code ZE3Q802804 set up for the tournament to get a slight flight discount on flights if flying United. To take advantage of this discount, you can use any of the following booking methods:
- Enter the discount code in the “promotions & certificates” box when searching for airfare on United.com, or follow this link (https://www.united.com/…/boo…/specials/meetings/default.aspx) to where you can enter code ZE3Q802804.
- Provide the discount code to a United booking agent by phone (use option 1, you may have to pay a ticketing fee this way).
- Provide the discount code to your travel agent (use option 1, travel agents charge you fees usually).
On cheap tickets the discount is likely to be small, on the order of 2% off, but it goes up to 10%+ off on more expensive tickets. The date ranges are widely expansive. There is no limit to the number of people that can use the codes, and there’s no cost to anyone for using the code.
Ground Transportation at the Tournament